It’s almost school time- again!
Preparations for the new session must be under way, and while you’re getting your bags, shoes, uniforms and stationery ready, you mustn’t forget one very important thing- food!
Sometimes when you’re rushing to get to school, you may forget to have breakfast or pack it with you. Breakfast is a very important meal of the day so you always have to try not to skip it. If you happen to have one of those days where you’re running late for school and forget to make a proper meal, then you should try out these quick and easy meals:
- Sandwich: All you need is some bread and any spread of your choice. It could be jam, butter, peanut butter, chocolate spread, eggs or avocado. You can have the bread toasted for that extra crunch if you like, and you’re good to go! The good thing about this snack is that it’s very fast to make, and you can easily make it by yourself!
- Oatmeal: One good thing about oatmeal? You can add whatever you want to it! It could be some fruit, nuts, seeds, milk or honey, and you’ll have a full tummy by the time you’re done. For meals like this which require heat, you should always have adult assistance.
- Fruit bowl: Fruit is commonly known to be healthy, but it’s also very delicious and colourful. If you don’t have enough time to prepare a meal, you can always have fruits, which should set you right for the day. With adult supervision, different types of fruit can be cut up into a bowl, and you’re good to go! If you don’t want to eat the fruit in its actual form, you can also blend it and drink as a smoothie, or take some pure fruit juice. Another benefit of this is that fruits keep you hydrated as well.
- Chicken/beef wrap: With some seasoned and cooked up chicken or beef, (or any protein of your choice, really) a nice wrap can be made just in time for breakfast. Adult supervision is needed here, so keep that in mind. You can spice it up with any condiment of your choice and bring it all together with a tortilla wrap.
- Beverages: If you don’t feel like eating anything solid, a nice warm or cold beverage should be fine. It could be tea or a hot chocolate drink, and these drinks are usually packed with enough energy to jumpstart your morning and keep you attentive at school.
As school resumes, we all need to be fully prepared. You can’t function well if you don’t have energy, and breakfast gives you the energy you need to start the day right.