Here in Grenville, it’s celebration season!
On Saturday, June 25th, the secondary graduating class of 2022 was recognised in grand style. 26 students were celebrated for reaching this notable milestone, with some scoring huge achievements and awards. The day was marked with prayers, musical and dance presentations, presentations of awards and gifts, and an important speech from guest speaker, Mrs. Adeyinka Adeniyi.
Building on the theme of ‘pressing on with the right choices’, the guest speaker gave some words of advice to the graduating set. Here’s a summary of everything she said:
- The choices that you make today can either make or mar your future
- We are in a technologically-advanced world, and it can only keep advancing with brilliant ideas. Thus, the world needs your brilliant ideas.
- Use the gifts and talents that you have to build great things.
- Emotional intelligence is key…it’s not enough to just have academic excellence.
- Aim for the best in life..aim to get into the best universities. You can be there.
- Your parents already made the right choice by bringing you to Grenville. Now you also need to continue in that path if making the right choices.
- Have relationships with OQPs (Only Quality People): These are people that add value to your life and they could be your friends, family or new people that you meet at different stages in life.
- Always have the right attitude: Having a bad attitude will lead you down the wrong path, and wrong choices will be made. With the right attitude, you’ll be hopeful and will get to the best places in life.
- Networking is key: Building networks will be very useful for you as you progress in life.
- Build your communication skills; be an active listener, and don’t interrupt conversations.
- Be confident! If things don’t go right the first time, try again.
- Always have self-empathy and self-esteem.
- Affirmations help you to press on with the right choices: Use words of affirmation such as: “I can do it”, “ I am strong”, “I am full of vitality”, “I am happy with who I am and what I can be”, etc.
- Use your words, time and choices wisely.
Mrs. Adeniyi concludes her speech with words from motivational speaker, Fela Durotoye: “Today is the past of your future, so make today count for the sake of your history.”
The day came to an end after all the special awards were presented to the students, and after the Valedictorian, Chisom Ezedigbo, was announced and celebrated.
From all of us at Grenville Schools, congratulations once again to the graduating class of 2022. Keep shining!